Saturday, July 26, 2008

Day 20

Today I got up really "late". As a result of that I only had 4 meals during the day... should be ok. I went swimming in Kilbirnie today, and the pool there is really nice. Not too expensive either, and I could use my 12-swim card there that I bought at Freyberg, pretty cool (although I forgot to use it). My abs are super sore from the workout yesterday, and it feels good. Maybe I'm a bit of a sadist...
Saturdays are not easy.. From I was a kid, Satuday was sort of the one day during the week when eating lollies was ok. It was kind of a ritual, going to the shops to do grocery shopping for the weekend, getting lollies, eating pizza with the family and then at 6pm when the kids' show on tv started, lollies were allowed! So I'd go over to my best friends' place or they would come over to my place (but they had the bigger TV..) and we'd binge and watch fragglerock or postman pat or whatever was on. Then as you grew older, you'd watch the 'youth' programme that started at 6:30, still with the bag of lollies.. so... YEARS of conditioning. Haha. I guess getting off lollies is a bit like getting off the bottle. You can't ever reward yourself with sweets if you've been good and haven't had any for a while, because then you're effectively destroying what you've built up.. Just like an alcoholic, that can't reward him/herself with a beer after beeing alcohol free for a month.

No comments: