Thursday, July 10, 2008

Day 4

NZ Healthy Plate?

So, a NZ healthy plate consists of 1 part meat, 1 part carbohydrates (potatoes, rice, pasta etc) and two parts vegetables. Good to know... a normal plate for me usually consists of 3 parts carbohydrates, 1 part meat and 1 part veggies. Hmm...
I finally read the guidlines for what to eat. I was a bit pissed off that the only thing that one seemingly should eat per day is heaps of veggies, and then a little bit of this and a little bit of that.. I'm more a fan of brochures telling me what I CAN eat, and not what I can't eat. Obviously, lollies and sweet things are out. No more, only on "special occasions." I guess I can live with that. Actually, I haven't been craving sweet things that much.. today after polishing off the plate above, I got that classic hunger for something sweet that comes after eating dinner sometimes. I resorted to a grape. And it worked. :)

I notice that even though I am eating almost all day, I am hungry almost all day! I don't know what I'm doing wrong... maybe I'm just not used to eating a "normal" amount of food..

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, you have been more active in these few days than before, if I understand you correctly, and that would explain more than half your increased hunger!

Bai Yang